Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Oct. 6, 2014

         Conference Weekend and Transfers


Kyson's mom: I don't like to tell Kyson much about Utah State sports. I don't want to go to that "homesick" spot with him. But, I just could NOT HELP MYSELF this week. So, here is the snip-it I started my letter with, hoping he would not jump on a plane and come home.

"The news of the week is that Chuckie Keeton might be out for the year with his injured knee. That means Darell Garretson was QB against BYU at BYU. Darell did awesome. BYU's QB did awesome till he got tackled and a BROKEN LEG right before halftime. Halftime score was 24-14 for Aggies. Well, the BYU backup QB made about 40 passes, and only 3 of them were caught. Two of which were caught by the Aggies. Utah State kicked BYU's butt. 35-20. Utah State has not won at BYU since Dad and I were going together in the 5TH GRADE. 1978."

Here is Elder Sullivan's response:

GO AGGIES!!! FREAKIN PAYBACK!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 



Well this week was pretty good! I got my new Comp Elder R. Santos and he was a Zone leader but got "downgraded" to what I call finalizing my training. He is way cool and likes a lot of the same things that I do. He is from Natal. I now know what a good missionary is like haha.

Conference! a few things that I really liked from conference are these:

Walk AS Jesus walked. The temple work is only limited by the number of members of the church. and Be a little better than you were in the past. I really enjoyed this a lot and was able to watch in English so I understood it all and felt all the power that was behind it! 

Well because of conference this week was a little slower and didnt get as much work done as usual, but something miraculous happened this week! We marked Ru for baptism!!!!! Whooooo!!! This was something that was a struggle to do. We tried a couple times but she didnt want to just jump in the water. She wanted a for sure answer. Well we are helping her accept the fact that she really has a testimony and is ready. Our last lesson with her she cried cuz the spirit was acting so strong in her! Its so cool to see these changes in people!!! The baptism I hope will be this Sunday :)

I love you guys a lot and thank and pray for you each night! Until next week!
Elder Sullivan



Elder Sullivan in the front of the classroom with his new great friend, 
Elder Gschwend from Texas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment