Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13, 2014

Oi familia e amigos.

I thought i knew a lot of portuguese last week but that was before this week went around. i started studying the language more and preach my gospel more now cuz I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON for the first time. now i can testify with all my heart that i know that it is the word of God.

Something that might be helpful for some people is the mtc address. it's

Brasil MTC
Rua padre antonio D'angelo, 121
Casa Verde
02516-040 Sao Paulo -SP
Brazil

I dont know which i have on FB.

This week flew by compared to the last week. Although all we do is eat and sit and eat and sit haha. We do however have actividade fisica where we play speed and volley ball and can lift weights.

I was recently asked to play the piano for a devocional. I dont know why cuz i said i was a beginner haha. I told them i needed to practice and told them that they had the wrong sullivan haha. She said she would ask koby and i told her that this week i could play prelude but not ready to play for the congregation. I just made a purchase today of a hymns made easy in portuguese. I practice during my personal study time.

So i have had a few questions on how you learn a language from someone who doesnt speak english. the answer is.... charades. It is seriously for the first few days a person jumping around acting out his sentences. Also dictionaries are your friend and i have mine with me where ever i go. The teachers are REALLY good though. They are really strong with the spirit and are actually fairly recent return missionaries. Irmao benatti is 20 years old and has only been home for 4 months. He is way funny. Irma deborah is really nice too. She will mostly just talk to us in portuguese which is really a help cuz we can learn how to understand people talking fast. They are both more friends than they are teachers and they are always praying for us.

So i still have a little time so i have a funny story to tell you. Everyone here is in the choir. and sometimes they like to mix it up and have one verse in portuguese then one in english then one in spanish that way everyone gets to sing in their native tongue. whats funny is when the hispanics sing in english. Oh my me and my companions are just busting up in the back cuz we know what its like to have to practice certain sounds over and over again cuz they are so unique to brazil.

World cup..... started yesterday and there was no doubt that it started. fireworks, horns, yelling all of it and it was nuts. the first day of the world cup here is a holiday (go figure) so all the businesses were closed and no one was on the streets. brazil won 3-1 so it was a happy day in the mtc. Vai Brazil ;)
So that all i have for this week. I hope all is well at home and that you guys are staying healthy busy and full of faith. I love you all and appreciate every bit of support you give me.

Oh ya one more thing... Koby is here ;) haha but seriously i had waited for days for him to come. Im glad he's here cuz im happier now and have someone i can talk to. I help him out when i can and i love talking to him in portuguese cuz he is really bad and it reminds me of where i was when i first got here.





I know this church is true and everything is possible when we have faith. even learning a language! i have a testimony of prayer and how God answers everyone. I know it cuz i have seen it happen. If you guys want a really good inspirational movie look up. The atonement: the work of missionaries. so bom.

Thats all for now.

Love you lots!
Elder (Kyson) Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment